Workers' Compensation Attorney | Work Injury Claims - Van Nuys, CA
Looking workers compensation Attorney ? The Van Nuys workers compensation lawyers of Koszdin, Fields, Sherry & Katz serve all across California. Schedule a Free consultation at 800-747-3447 or 818-812-5639.
Logo 800-747-3447 818-812-5639
800-747-3447 6151 Van Nuys Boulevard, Ground Floor Van Nuys, CA 91401
323-375-5642 5455 Wilshire Blvd 21st Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90036
Se Habla Español Schedule A Free Consultation
818-812-5639 | 800-747-3447
On behalf of Koszdin, Fields, Sherry & Katz posted in Workplace injuries on Thursday, June 01, 2017.

While following your employer’s instructions is generally a good thing, there are some situations that may require you to break the rules. If you have ever felt that you were in danger during a work assignment in California, you may have wondered what your legal rights were and whether or not your job would be protected if you refused. Here is what the United States Occupational Health and Safety Administration has to say.

First, know that you never have to agree to do something that you believe may be dangerous or unhealthy. If your employer takes any negative actions toward you for refusing, you may be within your legal rights to seek help from the government.

Next, be sure that you have followed all necessary requirements in making your refusal. This means you should remain at the workplace, tell your employer about the hazard and request other work. If the hazard is fixable, you can request that your employer make the correction and state that you will not work until it is done.

In order to be protected by law, you need to be sure that the hazard presents real danger. If you could be seriously injured or killed and believe that a reasonable person would agree with you, you should alert your employer. You also must ask that the danger be eliminated.

Do not leave the workplace unless your employer tells you to do so. If you follow all of these steps and your employer retaliates against you or does not correct the problem, you may file a complaint. This information is intended for your education and should not be taken as legal advice.

Share on: