Workers' Compensation Attorney | Work Injury Claims - Van Nuys, CA
Looking workers compensation Attorney ? The Van Nuys workers compensation lawyers of Koszdin, Fields, Sherry & Katz serve all across California. Schedule a Free consultation at 800-747-3447 or 818-812-5639.
Logo 800-747-3447 818-812-5639
800-747-3447 6151 Van Nuys Boulevard, Ground Floor Van Nuys, CA 91401
323-375-5642 5455 Wilshire Blvd 21st Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90036
Se Habla Español Schedule A Free Consultation
818-812-5639 | 800-747-3447
On behalf of Koszdin, Fields, Sherry & Katz posted in Workplace injuries on Monday, January 30, 2017.

Injuries can happen anywhere. They can happen while you are at work or relaxing at home. In some environments, you might be more prone to injury than usual. If you work at a construction site, the probability of you getting injured is higher than of someone working from a cubicle. As a worker, it is important to learn about what to do if you get injured on the job.

Employers are obligated to provide a safe workplace for their employees. The Occupational Health and Safety Act (OSHA) requires all employers to take considerable steps to avoid workplace injuries. In work situations where avoiding injuries might be difficult, the Occupational Health and Safety Act states that employers must comply with all safety regulations at the workplace. A complaint may be filed if the employees feel that the employer has not taken sufficient measures to make the workplace a safe space.

If you are an employee, it is important to know whether your employer carries workers compensation insurance. A workers’ compensation insurance covers the cost of work-related injuries endured by employees. Only the type of injuries that can be connected to a work condition or requirement come under compensable injuries. For example, if you get hurt while carrying out a task on behalf of your employer or if you develop carpal tunnel syndrome due to spending long periods of time on the keyboard.

Work related injuries are not just confined to the actual workspace. You may be able to receive compensation if you are injured at a work-sponsored event. Additionally, mental injuries, like anxiety and depression, may also be classified as compensable injuries if they are caused because of the job. You may need to seek professional advice from an attorney regarding your rights. A skilled attorney would analyze your case and help you get the compensation you deserve.

Share on: