Se Habla Español Schedule A Free Consultation
818-812-5639 | 800-747-3447

Across the U.S., millions of people are injured each year at work. Thousands of workplace accidents result in serious injuries and even death. Employees who are injured while on the job are entitled to just compensation for their injuries.

Family members may be entitled to compensation for a loved one who was fatally injured while on the job. Depending on the injury, a worker may be entitled to various means of compensation. Employees who have suffered a work injury should seek the advice of an experienced Lancaster on-the-job accident attorney. The lawyers at Koszdin, Fields, Sherry & Katz have the resources and knowledge required to identify and litigate all of the available claims open to an employee.

Workers’ Compensation Overview

Employees who have been injured on the job may be entitled to workers’ compensation. The Division of Workers’ Compensation (DWC) in California oversees the administration of worker’s compensation claims and provides legal services to assist in resolving disputes that arise in connection to claims involving workers’ compensation benefits.

Receiving benefit through worker’s compensation is to give an injured worker financial assistance for:

  • Medical treatment needed to recover from a work-related injury or illness
  • Replace wages lost while recovering (generally, only partial wages)
  • Helping an injured employee return to work.

Workers’ compensation benefits will never include compensation for pain and suffering or punitive damages. To receive compensation for pain and suffering or punitive damages you will need to file a lawsuit against the responsible party.

How to File a Workers’ Compensation Claim?

Below are the steps needed to get started and through the process of filing a workers compensation claim:

  1. Report the injury or illness to your employer—report the injury or illness as soon as it happens. If you do not report your injury within 30 days, you could lose your right to receive workers’ compensation.
  2. Receive emergency treatment if needed—always tell the medical staff that your injury is job-related. Even if you do not need emergency treatment, go to a doctor as soon as possible to have your injuries or illness documented.
  3. File a claim—fill out a claim form, which starts the workers’ compensation process. Your employer is required to provide you with medical care as soon as you file a claim.

Your claim will either be accepted or denied. An attorney can help you with filing a claim, what to do if you disagree with a claim decision, and how to best resolve your case.

If your workers’ compensation claim is denied or you would like to file for pain and suffering, we can help with a private lawsuit against a third party to receive just compensation for your injuries.

Contacting an On-the-Job Accident Attorney

Our legal team at Koszdin, Fields, Sherry, & Katz welcome all workplace injury and illness claims. We have experience handling all workplace accident claims, from back injuries and accidents in the workplace due to repetitive motion injuries, mental stress claims, and side effects of work injuries.

We encourage you to reach out to our Lancaster on the job accident attorneys as early as you can in the process. We can still represent your claim if it is denied or delayed. It is important to have proper representation by your side after a workplace accident.

For a free consultation with our Lancaster on the job accident attorneys, call 818-812-5639 or 800-747-3447 or contact us online. Our staff is bilingual, and we can arrange interpreters for other languages. You pay no fees unless we win your case.